Thursday 23 January 2014

Blue Cafe, Inveresk

My brother was heading back home to the Army in January, so we went out for lunch at Blue Cafe, Inveresk to say one last goodbye. I hadn't eaten there for a while so was interested to see how the menu had changed. There was too much to choose from as I wanted to have about 3 of the dishes on the menu. I decided to go with a small serving of the quail and a side of chickpea fries. The quail was beautiful and the salad that accompanied it was really tasty, now the fries, these were quiet different. An unusual taste and texture as I think they were made fully from chickpea flour. The aioli that came with them though was terrible, so I asked for a relish instead and that was nice. I am not sure if I would recommend the fries but certainly the quail and all the other meals on our table looked really good.
http://www.bluecafebar.com.au/



No comments:

Post a Comment