Monday 5 January 2015

Christmas celebrations

Hope everyone had a very merry christmas and a happy new year and I am sure we all ate and drank ourselves silly. (I know I did, on the drinking side of things)
I wanted to share my christmas celebrations with you and what I ate during this time, keeping in mind I am trying my hardest to stick to a low carb high/healthy (LCHF) fats way of eating.

One xmas eve I went to my grandparents with all my cousins, Grandma attempted gluten free mince pies, they were ok but very crunchy and chewy, the filling was the best though. My cousin and I made LCHF crackers to take, made from nuts, seeds and eggs to accompany a dip I made from goats yoghurt, whole egg mayo and a dip mix. The crackers (image below) were very tasty and moorish but were sort of soggy. For dinner we had cold meats and salads then followed up by a store bought pudding (which wasn't too bad at all) and rum and raison ice-cream. Lets just say Grandma LOVES her rum, it was very toxic ice-cream but oh so good!
Ok so I failed on my way of eating xmas eve as I had a fair bit of sugar and the pudding.

Christmas day was better though, brekkie was bacon, eggs and mushrooms, also some fresh fruit with some really thick cream. Lunch I went on a picnic down at the beach which was fantastic, we had cheeses, dips, cracker, twiggy sticks, pate, roses chocolates and more. Then in the evening we had more nibbles of cheese, carrot, dips etc. and dinner was a light BBQ of hamburgers and salad, but it wouldn't be xmas though without Dad's creme brûlée.
So all in all I think I did ok on the biggest food day of the year, I ended up with a very bloated and sore tummy that night/next day but hey it was totally worth it!

It comes to show there is so much gluten free food out there, that on a day like xmas no one goes hungry!



No comments:

Post a Comment