Sunday 10 May 2015

Controversy over LCHF

Interesting conversation today in the lunch room:
A colleague said to me as I was preparing my salad for lunch (kale, avocado, tomato, spring onion, tuna, eggplant, sheeps cheese, olive oil), "geee you need to get some carbs into you girl, you will waste away soon! Havent you heard of the food pyramid" I responded with, "na I dont need carbs, I eat lots of good fats. The original food pyramid doesn't exist in my eating plan anymore". Another colleague turned to me and said "there are carbs in that salad you know, you cant avoid them all together, I dont believe in no/low carbs, life is too short to have such a complex diet". Meanwhile another lady who eats like me was smirking at me from across the table and backed me up with a comment about her athletic sister who does endurance bike riding and never needs to refuel while out riding because her diet is so good (while others need too). The conversation then turned to a comment about anorexia and you should eat carbs to be healthy. 
I just laughed at all of this and shrugged it off, I believe everyone should have their opinion and the same diet is not right for everyone. But this is the way I have chosen to go and I love it. I feel the best I ever have, lost weight, kept it off and I look the best I ever have. (I ate some rice with curry the other night, uggghh I felt gross the next day) Anyway just thought I would share as its rather amusing and intriguing the way we all think differently. 
I know that before I was exposed to this diet, I never ate fat, I HATED butter/cheese/full cream dairy/meat fat, but now that I have overcome that fear its the best decision I have made on something! 


(this food pyramid is better smile emoticon)


No comments:

Post a Comment