Thursday 19 December 2013

Work lunch at Stillwater

Work were nice enough to take us admin ladies for lunch as a thank you and merry Christmas. The head of school decided on Stillwater which is always a great idea! We sat in the cellar and drank wine and cider (pagen, the best!). Looking at the menu nothing was gluten free so I asked the waitress and got a few options to choose from, I went with warm smoked trout salad with whole egg also a side of fries and aioli. It was really nice and a perfect sized lunch. For dessert I wanted/needed something gluten free and dairy free. Nothing on the lunch menu was but there was an item on the dinner menu. The waitress mentioed something different and unusual so I went with it. It came out looking quiet interesting, it was some frozen herb served with almond icecream. Let's just say I wasn't much of a fan but the icecream was nice. I ended up eating the remainder of a creme brûlée. Great meal but I did feel a bit yuck the next day, hopefully it wasn't from Stillwater!? 





No comments:

Post a Comment