Monday 26 August 2013

Inside Cafe

I was meeting a good friend for lunch one workday and we decided to go visit Inside Cafe, which I have heard is quiet popular with many. One of the reasons being, is they do nutella hot chocolates. aahhhh yum! So we went in and as usual I scowled the food cabinets and menu for gluten free items and asked the waitress before we took a seat. The menu had a note about gluten free and the cooking of food in the kitchen which was good, but they toast the bread in the same toaster as normal bread. Damn it. So the options became less, but I went with a salad of broccoli, roast pumpkin, garlic and chilli and of course a nutella hot chocolate with my own rice milk. Now the hot chocolate was divine and very very sweet I certainly recommend that but the salad was one big disappointment. It was sat down in front of me and as I ran my fork through it I couldn't find any roast pumpkin. I went to the counter and asked where it was and they said the chef must have changed the menu item (without notifying me when I ordered the salad). They offered me some of the other salad but it had barley in and the gluten free cake they offered was on the same plate as the normal cakes. So nothing helpful there. I managed to down a bit of salad but it was pretty bad and I was not impressed (went and got some sushi afterwards). Luckily they were nice enough to discount the meal which made the whole dining experience there a bit better. I suggest going there for their hot chocolates but maybe not when your hungry as you may leave a bit disappointed.
http://www.insidecafe.com.au/





No comments:

Post a Comment