Wednesday 17 July 2013

ALWAYS do your research and double check ingredient labels

I probably get annoying when I go grocery shopping as I am always reading labels to see what products that don't state they are gluten free I can have. Make sure you read labels well and do your research on takeaway foods as sometimes the people in the store do not quiet understand. I was on the noodle box website today to see if their new stir fries were gluten free, I looked on the allergen guide and to my surprise some of the sauces that used to gluten free are no longer and there are new gluten free ones added. So a win loose situation here but lucky I checked before going to order something I normally get. I have included a photo of the Noodle box allergen guide and highlighted the sauces that are ok. Of course you will need to change up any meal as none are straight forward safe (you will need to replace a sauce or the noodles, but I have NEVER been sick when eating here so fingers cross I never do). So I cant stress enough that every coeliac should check all labels and recheck them as you never know when they are going to change. Annoying I know, but if it means not getting sick its worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment