Monday 12 May 2014

Beef and Kidney stew

Just recently I had a real craving for beef and kidney, not sure why as kidney's is not always a popular choice. Plus I haven't had it since I was a little girl, but I decided to give it a go.
I didn't use a recipe just looked some up online and spoke to mum about what I should put in the dish, I also wanted to use my slow cooker. So I decided I would create and just see what happens, this is what I did/used:
  • ox beef kidneys
  • mushrooms
  • beef blade stead
  • beef stock cubes
  • worcestershire sauce
  • tomato past
  • salt & pepper
  • mashed potato to serve with 
I chopped all the meat, kidneys and mushrooms into chunks and put 2 cups of beef stock in with a good drizzle of the worcestershire sauce. Also half a tin of tomato paste and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper and stirred it all together.
I put the slow cooker on at 1pm on a low heat and turned it off about 7.30pm and everything was cooked really well. I must admit though I used too many kidneys as they were a bit overwhelming and I think next time I will add some bacon for the extra flavour and texture.
This meal is great for an iron fix and if you want something with lots of flavour!


No comments:

Post a Comment