Sunday 13 October 2013

Curried sausages and corn cous cous

I had a packet of sausages left over from a BBQ we held so I decided it was about time I learnt how to make curried sausages. I used to hate sausages with a passion, I am not sure why but now I love them and they are pretty much always gluten free wherever you buy them from.
I found an interesting recipe that used apple sauce and fruit chutney online at: http://www.food.com/recipe/curried-sausages-198901 it looked visually good and seemed really easy to make. As I thought it was easy and also cheap to make, phew! (I also added some sultanas and a mixed veggie medley instead of the potatoes)
Now with curried sausages you need to have a staple starch with them I believe and as our rice cooker died and potato makes me sick I decided to go with the gluten free alternative to cous cous and thats corn cous cous. It was really really easy to cook with a bit of water, salt and dairy free butter (normal butter can be used of course).
All up the meal was very satisfying and flavoursome and even better when I had it for lunch the next day!




No comments:

Post a Comment